Thursday, August 4, 2011

Subculture: Reflection

When we look at the changing world-views around us there's nothing like direct quotes to bring out the reality of the mentalities that exist around an issue to validate things as they really are or were. What should the attitude of law and public policy be toward homosexuality is being debated in academia, legislatures, on news programs and at dinner tables across the world. Being effeminate, wearing the most current styles in fashion trends, I know what it feels like to be judged every single day of your life. However, I know that it will get better. When you’ve held your head high in front of the judgmental people, you’d realize that things would only get better if and only if you can accept yourself. I’ve learned that the most important relationship you can have in your life is the relationship with yourself, because no matter what, you will always be with yourself. Accept yourself for who you are no matter what people may think of you, and you’ll see that life is full of colors and there’s so much more to it than what meets the eye.

I have made some points about the culture and its communities to help the readers of my essay understand the culture better, along with their shared activities and their essence. However, I realized that my analysis and explanation at the paragraph level needs expansion. I have to be able to give more in-depth analysis and explanation of each of my paragraph’s topic. Sentence-wise, I think my sentence structure is pretty good. But there’s always room for improvement, to further polish my flow and sentence variety. In addition, I’d better work on my quotations, I3: Introduce, Incorporate and Interpret.

No comments:

Post a Comment